Happy Sunday Funday, guys! Or rather, HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY. Just gonna start this off friendly with a GO PATS!!!
Full disclosure: I’m still a Seahawks fan, but when your team’s not in the Super Bowl, how can you NOT root for Tom Brady and Gronk??? I would anyway, but today I don’t really have a choice as we’re watching the game with diehard Patriots fans. DIE. HARD. The way I see it is there are football fans — and then there are Patriots fans.
Anyway, so this year my friend Grant (the hardcore Pats fan) and his wife Molly are hosting a party for the game, and it’s *dip* themed. Yessss, DIP THEMED. We’re making ALLLLLLLL the dips: spinach dip, artichoke dip, bean dips, cream cheese marshmallow dip, funfetti dip, etc. etc. etc.
I perused Pinterest for approximately 192888915 hours in the last week to find the most drool-worthy dip, and I’ll share the recipe in case anyone needs a last minute dish to bring to a party today. Super easy prep, quick bake time and it looks deeelllliiiccciiioouuusss.
TRASHY, DELICIOUS BEAN DIP RECIPE
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (16 oz each) refried beans
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) corn
- 1 can (3.8 oz) sliced black olives
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles, drained
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- TOPPINGS: Cilantro, cherry tomatoes, red onion, avocado
Making The Dip:
I tweaked the prep process a bit as I’m prepping the dip early and am going to pop it in the oven right before the game so it’s fresh and warm… I made the bean dip mix without the cream cheese/sour cream and put it in the fridge, covered. When it’s closer to game time, I’ll preheat the oven and melt down the cheese/cream combo and add it to the mix, then put it in the dish and bake it.
- Preheat oven to 350. Microwave cream cheese and sour cream in a large microwaveable bowl on high until cheese is softened, about 1 minute. Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add refried beans, black beans, corn, black olives, green chiles, seasoning mix and 2 cups of cheese, mix well. Spray a 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray (I like coconut oil) and then spread the bean mixture in. Sprinkle remaining 2 cups of cheese on top.
- Chop cilantro, cut tomatoes in half, chop red onion, and slice avocado if desired for toppings and set aside.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted, then add toppings and serve warm with tortilla chips.
(Images and original recipe from The Recipe Critic)
Like, HOLY GUACAMOLE does this look good or what?!?! I can’t wait to dig into mine, AND all the other dips. Basically, I can’t wait to gain approximately 37 pounds from snacking and stress eating today. It’s fine. Calories don’t count on Super Bowl Sunday… Right?
What team are you rooting for? Do you even care, or are you just watching for the commercials and halftime show? I mean, no judgment because personally I can’t WAIT to see Gaga.