As requested, an updated reading list.
This one is made up of either recent recommendations or what I’ve picked up/downloaded (books = instant gratification when you can download them) in the last few weeks. I’ve tried to organize them, but take a look and leave a comment if you have any suggestions! Here’s the initial list I made. I’m currently reading through Backwards in High Heels: The Impossible Art of Being Female, The Only Astrology Book You’ll Ever Need – seems legit so far, and Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior. I usually won’t have the chance to read a book from start to finish (as I could when I had less responsibilities and more time to read… shoutout to the Harry Potter days) so I will read a few at the same time in bits as I can. Some of these I have read, and some are still on my list and I at least think they’re at least worth picking up. Enjoy!
beauty & style.
- Style Is Instinct – Lori Goldstein
- Complexion Perfection – Kate Somerville (recommended per Skinny Wife Life’s phenom before/after skincare post!)
- Diane: A Signature Life – Diane Von Furstenberg
- Bobbi Brown Makeup Manual – Bobbi Brown
- Makeup Your Mind – Francois Nars
- Man Repeller: Seeking Love. Finding Overalls. – Leandra Medine
- How to Look Expensive – Andrea Pomerantz Lustig
- It – Alexa Chung
- Lauren Conrad Beauty – Lauren Conrad
motivational, spiritual, etc.
- Taming Your Alpha Bitch – Rebecca Grado & Christy Whitman
- Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man – Steve Harvey
- Why Men Love Bitches – Sherry Argov
- Emotional Intelligence – Daniel Goleman
- Zen and the Art of Happiness – Chris Prentiss
- The Fault in Our Stars – John Greene
- Archetypes: Who Are You? – Caroline Myss
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- If You Have to Cry, Go Outside – Kelly Cutrone
- Lean In – Sheryl Sandberg
betchy or healthy.
- Reinventing Mona – Jennifer Coburn
- The New You & Improved Diet – Keri Glassman
- Skinny Bitch – while I don’t endorse the lifestyle/whatever you say this book preaches, I think the way it’s written and how the information is presented makes it easy to understand and learn what they mean, even though what they’re saying is on the extreme. It’s funny. It’s like Babe Walker style, if you’re into that.
- The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet – Robb Wolf
- Good Mood Diet – Susan Kleiner
- Good Calories, Bad Calories – Gary Taubes (kind of dry but useful)
- Bossypants – Tina Fey
- Bought – Anna David
- A Cuckoo’s Calling – Robert Gailbraith/J.K. Rowling!!!
- Everything is Perfect when You’re a Liar – Kelly Oxford
- Fashionably Late – Beth Kendrick
- The Overnight Socialite – Birdie Clark
- The Perfect Manhattan – Leanne Shear and Tracey Toomey
- The Right Address – Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman
- Spin: A Novel – Robert Rave
- A Total Waste of Makeup – Kim Gruenenfelder
- Where’s my F*cking Latte? – Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff
- The Ex-Mrs. Hedgefund – Jill Kargman