Cos Bar is without a doubt, my favorite store to visit when we go to Maui for Christmas. It’s a luxury cosmetics boutique with locations in Colorado, California and Maui (plus some others – check their site). It is the kind of store that my dreams are literally made of. I went in a few times over the trip, so this is like a show and tell aka swatch of my collective haul. You’re welcome.
Naturally, I stopped in as soon as we arrived… One of the managers is also named Nicole and has been there for a few years, so basically we’re best friends. She gave me amazeballs samples and I love her.
They had all but one of the new Tom Ford matte lipstick line, which is basically already completely sold out…
L-R: Flame, Velvet Cherry, Black Dahlia, Pussycat, First Time, Pink Tease
So I bought them on the spot. Like insurance. Just in case. I’m not sorry. A few for me, plus a Black Dahlia for my sister and First Time for my mom.
I wore Flame yesterday and though I only applied once – I thought it faded pretty quick which is sad for a fifty dollar lipstick… It lost the vibrancy much sooner than I’d like. Granted, it does stain nicely so at least it wears off evenly. And I did drink a kombucha and was talking so I’m not really complaining – just annoyed with myself because I didn’t bring it with me… and then I needed to reapply because it didn’t last as long as I expected. What am I, new to lipstick land? Jesus. Get it together, betch.
L-R: Flame, Black Dahlia, Velvet Cherry, Ruby Rush
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sandstone (above – sold out online, but Bronze and Pink Quartz are similar – $45)
- Cos Bar Eyeliner Brush ($22.50)
- Cos Bar Powder Brush ($65)
- Tom Ford Matte Lip Color ($50)
- Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick ($80)
- Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush ($72)
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($33)
- Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder ($34)
- Tom Ford perfume samples: Grey Vetiver and Café Rose
More reviews as I get down and dirty with all this new makeup… Happy first haul of 2015!!! I can get excited about that, right? Grool.
Aloha until next year, Cos Bar.