If you aren’t a Beauty Insider at Sephora yet… Sign up here and then return.
Naturally I’m a VIB Rouge – and proud, I feel like it’s the stamp of a true beauty addict – just me? Through the 10th there’s an “exclusive holiday shopping event” with 20% savings “just for VIB Rouge and VIB” aka be sure to sign up at the above link like I said. K, now let’s talk about raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens, holiday palettes and moisturizing mittens…
Christmas time is my favorite time of year, like I’m one of those people. Debating Christmas music just for this post as I write. And maybe I’ll write my Christmas wish list. It’s never too early, right? I mean, the holiday cups at Starsucks are out.
Back to beauty: they said, gift it forward so here’s a present if you’re new. All purchases online are 20% off with codes: GIFTROUGE or GIFTVIB. You can also apparently use SEASONSET for 8 free samples – these may not all work together. Idk. You’re welcome.
If you’re like me you also got a card for 20% off an in-store purchase – take advantage of it. If you want to try a product or take home a full-size sample, go to a retail location and befriend a team member. I love going in because I usually come out with at least one new under the radar gem or a great sample of a new product per recommendation of my BFF working in the store.
The holiday mag is full of Christmas inspo and I DIE. I’ll detail all my opinions and reviews from my faves and what I’ve tried that you can see in there in a coming post. Like I said, this time of year is my favorite, so expect to see me 10000x happier at least five minutes per day during the holidays.
When I was last at Sephora it was the day they put out this season’s holiday palettes, and it literally made my day. PRO TIP: Take advantage of palettes or the holiday sample/gift packs because you can usually get a variety of brands (Sephora Favorites – see below) or a luxe trial of various items in a line for a worth it to buy and try kind of discount. Palettes are also always a fave to give or get, but now I’m getting ahead of my Christmas list.
- NARS Audacious Lipstick: These. Are. Everything!!!!!! (32$)
- BUXOM Lash Mascara: My go-to choice. (19$)
- NARS Velvet Lip Liner: These are new, therefore my new fave for liners. (24$)
- Eyeko Alexa Chung Lash Enhancing Eyeliner: This is my fave pen liner brand. (19$)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Go Brow Kit: Beautification kit from the best brow brand. (16$)
- Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Color: I’m secretly a grandma and love Clinique. (21$)
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil: Only my favorite makeup product of all time. (25$)
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick: Another type of bitchstick I can get behind. (18$)
Picks from the Mag.
- Alexis Bittar Liquid Gold Beauty Brush: Fucking duh. (58$)
- Foreo LUNA Mini: A mini-face massager/cleanser, I’d take it over the Clarisonic. (139$)
- T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Styling Wand: Wondering if this is worth the money – the convenience would be amazing. (230$)
- Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: Because washing your hair is just too much work. (12$)
‘Tis the Season for Holiday Sets and Palettes.
- NARS Digital World Lip Pencil Coffret: This is a NEED, it is in my basket. (49$)
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick Set: I’ve never tried her line but those colors. (39$)
- Dior Travel Brush Collection: I have this and it’s great. Don’t waste your money on Sephora brand sets, the quality is no good. (95$)
- NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette: I’ve said this before, but it’s a great wet/dry with a lot of good colors packed in. Worth it. (79$)
- Smashbox Full Exposure Travel Palette: I’m digging the colors in this 8 color compact. (22$)
- Sephora Favorites – Draw the Line: A sampler set for the cat eye addicts. (30$)
- NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette: Need it, need it, need it. A must have. (65$)
Skincare and Sexy Scents.
- Elizabeth and James Nirvana Mini Rollerball Set: I wear Nirvana Black and get drunk off the scent. Intoxicating, amazeballs. (20$)
- Sephora Favorites – Perfume Sampler: Buying this. If you don’t have a signature scent, who even are you? (60$)
- NEST Fragrance Collection Set: I have Midnight Fleur. Also, their candles. (38$/34$)
- Sephora Favorites – Beauty Unmasked: Four kinds of bestseller masks. (29$)
- Ole Henriksen 3 Little Wonders Collection: Love the cleanser and serum in this sampler. (70$)
- GlamGlow Gift Sexy: Sampler trio, highly recommend. (69$)
IMPORTANT UPDATE: It’s currently Saturday night and I’m not sorry for breaking up my online orders to take full advantage of the SEASONSET code – there are three gift sets, ladies! Tonight I gave in to my basic white girl desires, I couldn’t help myself. Who really needs the Alexis Bittar for Sephora powder brush? This girl.
Happy shopping, beauties!